Music & Choir
Loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength is at the center of worship. Worship is when we express our love to God directly, both individually and together. When people hear the word “worship” it evokes a variety of thoughts and images, including musical styles, liturgies, sermons, prayers and statements of faith. Our desire at Messiah is to consistently create and offer ways to encounter God and to give to God. When we offer ourselves to God, we also receive God and all that God is.
Worship is central to our community life here at Messiah. We strive to praise God through a dynamic, music-filled worship experience.
I am excited about all that God has in store for our “family” here at Messiah this year. I refer to Messiah as a “family” because that is what Messiah has become to my husband, kids and me. We have developed some great relationships with many of you that are helping guide us in this crazy life we’re living.
Music Ministry is committed to bringing fresh and suitable music to our services. Jeff Askew, Francisco and I are dedicated to sharing music that personally moves us and gives us a greater sense of God’s amazing love. Our encouragement to you is to jump in whole-heartedly! There are many areas where you can get involved. In particular, this area of ministry has many openings for singing and special music. Even if you’re not sure how your gifts and/or talents will fit into this ministry, contact us anyway, Nancy Andeel, Worship and Arts Director, 714-579-2993.
Vocal Praise Team
The Vocal Praise Team consists of strong vocalists who desire to use their gifts to lead the congregation in worship and sing group or solo specials. Commitment levels vary. This group leads Sunday mornings at 9:30am and 10:45am, Christmas, Easter, and other special events. For more information or to schedule an audition, please call Nancy Andeel, Worship & Arts Director, 714-579-2993 or email@example.com.
Worship Center Choir
The Worship Center Choir helps lead the 8:00am worship service each Sunday and sings at special services throughout the year. Newcomers are welcome at any time. A variety of duets, trios, quartets and instrumental music presentations are offered as well. For more information, please call Francisco Calvo, 714-579-2998.
Haven't made choir your ministry yet? We want to help you pair the joys of music and service to your active life! Here are some great reasons to sing with us this year:
- Short-Term Commitments Come as you are able-join for the year, or join for just a Holiday. We'd love to have you when you have the time.
- Earlier Evenings Rehearsals run from 6:30-8:00 in the Youth Center. Plus, you'll have our director's renewed commitment to start and end on time!
- No Experience Needed Never sung with a group before? No problem. Our friendly, easy atmosphere will make you feel right at home.
- Skip-A-Rehearsal Option Yes! Yes! You have permission! No questions asked, no guilt. We rehearse far enough ahead that you will still feel prepared. You can even practice at home if you'd like with MP3's that are emailed each week.
- More Than Music We're here to support each other, even while we serve our whole church family leading worship. That's why we make time for fellowship, food, scripture & prayer as a group throughout the season.
Questions? Call the church office at 714-528-0920.